Tuesday 8 September 2009

Expressions blend and Visual studio

I have been using Visual studio for years now, and although I don't clame to be a coding expert it does what it does and I can use it to easily create Windows applications.

Expressions blend is very different. When I first started using Blend I was under the impression that you would be able to open projects either in Expressions Blend or VB.net (Visual Studio). This is not the case. In order to make full use of Blend you realy have to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.

Expressions blend used Xaml as opposed to the conventional Windows forms as used by Visual Studio. Blend gives you the ability to create much more advanced and interactive applications but there is a learning curve. You can do pretty much the same using Visual Studio as you can do with Blend, but Expressions Blend allows you to add far more in the way of eye candy into your applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment